“Frequently, you see women relegated to very traditional roles - I’ll build the robot, and you can be secretary for the group. Unless you’re very assertive, men can take over the group.” - Angela Bielefeldt, professor of civil and environmental engineering at the University of Colorado Bounder
Join us for a live chat tomorrow at noon as we make sense of some of these numbers:
+ In 2008, 41% college freshmen planned to major in science and engineering vs. 30% for women.
+ Only 19% of software developers are women.
+ Only 5.5 percent of commercial patent-holders were women.
Curious to know your thoughts on this, Tumblr. Especially those of you in school. How’s the gender ratio in your majors?
- endoplasmic-windbeutel reblogged this from newshour
- endoplasmic-windbeutel likes this
- dmuranyi likes this
- antblock reblogged this from discoverynews
- missbluesunglasses likes this
- agentlewoman likes this
- filmes-no likes this
- btx91 likes this
- alythebird likes this
- nimremdox1 reblogged this from newshour
- local-ceopro-26-ceo reblogged this from newshour
- searchs-eng-tips reblogged this from newshour
- affordable-seoo reblogged this from newshour
- soniconsultants-net-20 reblogged this from newshour
- solidworks-tutorial reblogged this from enrichscience
- newshour posted this