Learn about the ideas and methods for urban growing and food preparation at this conceptual winter farmers’ market, December 1, 2012; noon – 4 pm. Traditional market stalls will be filled with hands-on activities, artist projects, demonstrations, and of course, food! Free with NYSCI admission.
- Tim O’Neal: Borough Bees and beekeeping
- ReGen artist Ricardo Miranda Zuniga and Brooke Singer talk about their project ExcessNYC
- Ricks Picks does pickling
- Master composter from the Queens Botanical Garden
- Food related video compilation
Demos and stalls by:
- Butter-making with Little Makers
- Hydroponic farming systems with Boswyck Farms
- Solar panels with Biomodd’s Tamara Sabler and Zach Smart
- Spice bundles, seed bombs and seed masks with NYSCI Explainers
This community-based food event focuses on the cultural and sustainable elements of food and food production that pertain to ecology. The event complements NYSCI’s ReGeneration exhibition.